- Dimensions: 9" long x 8" wide
- Fashioned by hand from an antique brick pattern quilt top, these sweetly scented ‘Otis’ bears are filled with rice and lavender. They're made to be heated or cooled to provide comfort to sore muscles and headaches. With their iridescent neck bows and handmade design, they make a completely charming, cuddly friend and a perfect gift for adults and children alike.
- Each bear has been meticulously crafted by Willa Blank of Blank Supply in her NYC studio.
- Blank Supply is about creating from what already exists. A collector by nature, founder/maker Willa Blank finds joy in sharing her curations and creations. In her hands, antique quilts and fabrics take on new lives and bring wonder to a new group of people. "My work is about creating the next best chapter for these textiles. I love the romantic idea that something will still be around and cherished a few generations from now, especially if it is something made with my hands."
- Each bear is one-of-a-kind. Please see our detailed photos.
- Instructions for use:
Cold: Place your bear on top of a clean surface inside the freezer (or inside of a bag). Leave for a minimum of 4 hours.
Warm: Microwave in 30-second increments until the desired temperature is reached. Do not heat for longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds to prevent the long grain rice from burning.
Every 3-5 uses, put a glass of water in the microwave with your bear. This will help keep the rice moist and prevent it from drying up and will help keep the rice particles intact. Warnings: Do not eat the contents of the bear.
Do not heat in a regular stove oven. Do not place on child unsupervised. Overheating the bear may cause a fire. Make sure the temperature of the bear is comfortable before applying to dry skin.