Framed Star Flower Variation Crib Quilt with Monogram, circa 1870-1880
- Dimensions: 44.5" high x 42" wide x 1.75" deep
- Like a garden of constellations, this antique quilt is made up of geometric star flowers, accented by a double red border.
- This rare pattern is a library of antique textiles, including turkey red bandanas manufactured by S.H. Greene & Sons of Warwick, Rhode Island, whose name can be seen in one of the fabrics.
- The fantastic collection of fabrics used– from charming arrows and half moons, to rich paisleys, classic ginghams and graphic botanicals–– place this piece at the end of the 19th century, approximately 1870-1880.
- The maker of this quilt is unknown, but she subtly added her monogram (W.H.F.) in the center of the quilt.
- This is a striking and timeless work of art with a story to tell.
- This quilt has been mounted to a linen backing and framed in natural ash wood. UV-resistant plexiglass and spacers ensure that this piece will be well-preserved for generations to come.