- Dimensions: 10.5 x 0.5 x 10.38, 48 pages, hardback
- “I have always loved old things. Especially old, worn, mended things that show traces of hands and hearts and minds long gone, things that tell stories,” writes two-time Caldecott medalist Sophie Blackall.
- Farmhouse tells the story of a nineteenth century crumbling dairy farm, purchased by the author and her family. Through lyrical, rhyming text and stunning mixed-media illustrations featuring Chinese ink, watercolor, gouache, colored pencil and collaged materials salvaged from the house itself, Blackall weaves the story of the home’s past, right up until the day she entered its front door.
- The gorgeous, whimsical illustrations are filled with some of our very favorite things: patchwork quilts, antique clothing, attics filled with ironstone and painted furniture, tramp art frames, braided rag rugs, cupboards brimming with vintage tableware, baskets, bird’s nests, brass keys. This is truly a feast for the eyes, sure to be beloved by old and young readers alike.
- This is a newly printed book, multiples are available.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact email@example.com if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.