- Dimensions: 87" x 71"
- This quilt's graphic schoolhouse pattern is offset by a striking palette of cobalt calico against a background of crisp white hand-stitching. In a rare circumstance, this quilt’s maker has remained attached to this piece, including her signature on its back side. This piece was made by hand by Kaleta Livesay, born in 1921.
- The American schoolhouse quilt pattern first appeared in the late nineteenth century, depicting a building that was central to the community and represented one of the first major sources of livelihood for women.
- Part of a quilt’s inherent beauty is its heirloom nature. Most quilts in our collection were created by hand over a century ago. These pieces were made to be handed down, kept in the family, cozied up with by generation after generation. We can't think of a better gift for a loved one. These are the heirlooms of tomorrow, broken in to perfection.
- This intricate quilt is in excellent vintage condition. There is some variation to the cobalt fabrics. Please see our detailed photos.
- This is a vintage and pre-loved item. Please review our detailed photos and kindly note that this quilt is sold as-is.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact email@example.com if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.