- Dimensions: 4" x 6" cards, sold as a set of 9
- We've created an exclusive set of postcards of the nine images featured in our Block Island Summer photography show, all by Klaus Gemming. The set incorporates the iconic typography and graphics from the beloved and now out of print book that Gemming published with his wife, Elizabeth. Each postcard is titled and printed on luxe paper.
- An ideal summer souvenir, it's also the perfect gift for all who love this "sandy little place" and the simple joys of summertime.
- Gemming (1928-2004), a German immigrant, originally began his career in book design. He arrived in New York City in 1956, met his wife Elizabeth shortly thereafter, had two daughters, and began vacationing on Block Island, a seven mile stretch of pristine beaches and trails, Victorian architecture and storied lighthouses. The family was enchanted with the island’s simple, summertime pleasures: lemonade stands, clamming, beach walks, and bike rides. Inspired by the locale’s natural beauty and charm, Klaus found an outlet for a burgeoning career in professional photography, capturing the spirit of these summers on black and white film. In 1972, Chatham Press published Block Island Summer, featuring photographs by Klaus and text by Elizabeth. Though now out of print, the book remains a cult favorite, beloved by generations of summer visitors, islanders, and all who appreciate the universal joys of the season. Our exhibit features some of the most iconic images from the title in a giclée print series.
- Images copyright Klaus Gemming, exclusively represented by Tori Jones Studio.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.