- Dimensions: 14.25" wide x 8" high x 9" deep
- An antique wedding chest from the 19th century, embellished with vines and flowers.
- Throughout history, wedding chests (also known as 'hope chests') were kept by young, unmarried women to house their 'trousseau,' or the linens and lingerie that would be made and embroidered in anticipation of marriage.
- The portable wedding chest would then accompany the bride upon her leaving home to begin a new life with her husband.
- Very good vintage condition, showing signs of wear consistent with age and use. Losses to paint. Clean interior. Please see our detailed photos.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact email@example.com if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.