- Dimensions: 8.25" x 9.5" x .25"
- First published in 1972, Klaus and Elizabeth Gemming's Block Island Summer captures the ethos of this "sandy little place" in all of its charm and Victorian splendor.
- In black and white photographs, the book chronicles the island during the summers of the 1970's— idyllic, remote, stunningly beautiful. Lovers of Block Island will recognize many favorite vistas and structures (some changed, many still the same), and maybe even a familiar face or two.
- At once an ode to what makes this place so unique and a call for its preservation, this coveted volume belongs on the shelf of anyone who loves this little island, the New England coastline, and the simple joys of summertime.
- In collaboration with the Gemming estate, our studio is offering nine of the most iconic images from the book in a framed, limited edition giclée print series. Discover the complete collection here.
- This first edition book is in very good vintage condition with minor signs of wear consistent with age and use. Its dust jacket is protected in a plastic sleeve. Please see our detailed photos.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.