- Dimensions: 8.5" x 8.5"
- A stunning collaboration between two Block Island artists, Present on Block Island features 24 poems by Nancy Greenaway and 23 paintings by Josie Merck.
- The pages of this beautiful paperback volume are filled with full-color images of Merck’s whimsical work, accompanied by Greenaway’s lyrical text.
- A truly delightful read, this book is a feast for the senses, exploring the little joys and idiosyncrasies of island living, set against the backdrop of Block Island, Rhode Island’s rugged shoreline.
- This book is a wonderful gift for not just lovers of Block Island, but all who appreciate the natural world and New England landscape.
- Josie Merck lived in Mexico and Brazil as a child, growing up with a love of art and nature, color and celebration. She studied painting at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from Yale University School of Art. She also attended Skowhegan School in Maine, the Art Students League, and SUNY, Purchase.
- Nancy Greenaway moved to Block Island with her husband, photographer Malcolm Greenaway in 1974, after first visiting on their honeymoon in 1970. Since then she has taught at the Block Island School, where a poetry award has been established in her honor. Nancy reads and writes poetry daily. Her work has been featured in local, regional, and national journals. This is her first book.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact email@example.com if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.