- Dimensions: 6.6" wide x 6.6" tall x .5" thick
- This small book is a treasure trove of quilting imagery, containing full-page quilt spreads in both color and black and white, accompanied by an introduction by Jonathan Holstein.
- Holstein writes, “This is an exhibition of American piece quilts, chosen in a particular way: all consideration of age, condition, historical or regional significance have been disregarded, and we have concentrated only on how each quilt works as a 'painting'. That is, does it form a cohesive, strong and important visual statement? Thus our interest is in the images the quilt form, and not in their stitches; many are in poor condition, have some machine work in them, or indeed, exhibit a level of workmanship which would be unacceptable to those interested mainly in fine craftmanship.”
- To enjoy this book is to enjoy a mini exhibition of sorts, curated by Holstein, one of America’s foremost experts and pioneering curators.
- This vintage book was published in 1972 and is in very good condition. Its inside jacket has been price clipped and its first page bears an inscription from 1981.
This item will be packed with the utmost care and shipped via UPS. Rates are calculated at checkout.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, the item may be returned in its original condition for store credit or exchange. The customer has 7 days after delivery to inspect the order and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to make a return.
For more information about shipping, as well as our returns & exchanges policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Join our mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events & what's inspiring us right now.